According to the dosing guidelines for Finacea, you should apply the gel to the affected areas of the skin twice daily. Before applying the medication, make sure to wash the area with a gentle cleanser. Also, make sure to keep the gel away from your eyes and lips. Contact your healthcare provider if you do not notice an improvement within 12 weeks.
An Introduction to Dosing With FinaceaThere is only one standard way to use Finacea® (azelaic acid gel). As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Finacea Dosage for RosaceaThe standard instructions for using Finacea are to apply the gel to the skin twice daily. Before using the medication, wash the area with a gentle cleanser. Then, massage Finacea gently on the skin. If you do not see any improvement within 12 weeks, talk to your healthcare provider about whether you should continue using this medication.
General Information on Using FinaceaSome considerations for people to keep in mind during treatment with Finacea include the following:
- Apply Finacea before applying any cosmetics.
- This medication will not bleach fabrics.
- Make sure to avoid the area around the eyes and lips.
- Wash your hands after applying the gel.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.