Rosacea Home > Oracea
- The medication comes as a capsule that is usually taken once daily in the morning.
- Oracea works best if you take it on an empty stomach, at least one hour before or two hours after breakfast.
- It is important to take the capsules with plenty of water (or other fluids) while in an upright position, in order to prevent the medication from irritating the throat. Do not lie down immediately after taking Oracea.
- Do not chew, crush, or open the capsules, as this may destroy the slow-release mechanism of the medication.
- Oracea should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your system.
- For the drug to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.