The standard dosing instructions for Mirvaso call for a pea-sized amount to be applied on the forehead, each cheek, nose, and chin. The gel should then be spread in a thin layer over the entire face, except for the eyes and lips. Mirvaso is applied once daily, before applying any cosmetics or other facial products.
There is only one standard way to use Mirvaso® (brimonidine gel). As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
The standard instructions for Mirvaso are to apply it to the skin once daily, preferably in the morning, as it starts working right away and lasts for approximately 12 hours. Dot a pea-sized amount of the gel on your forehead, each cheek, nose, and chin, and then gently spread it in a thin layer over the entire face, avoiding the eyes and lips. Do not apply the medication to any open wounds or sores.
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Mirvaso include the following:
- Apply this medication to the face once daily.
- Let it dry before applying any cosmetics or other facial products.
- Wash your hands after applying Mirvaso.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Mirvaso dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.