The recommended dose of Oracea for the treatment of rosacea is one 40 mg capsule once a day. Your dosage should be taken on an empty stomach in the morning, at least one hour before or two hours after a meal. This dosage is standard for everyone, regardless of your age or weight.
There is only one standard dose of Oracea® (doxycycline), regardless or your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended dosage for rosacea treatment is one Oracea 40 mg capsule once daily in the morning on an empty stomach, at least one hour before or two hours after a meal.
Some considerations for people taking Oracea include the following:
- The medication comes as a capsule that is usually taken once daily in the morning.
- Oracea works best if you take it on an empty stomach, at least one hour before or two hours after breakfast.
- It is important to take the capsules with plenty of water (or other fluids) while in an upright position, in order to prevent the medication from irritating the throat. Do not lie down immediately after taking this medication.
- Do not chew, crush, or open the capsules, as this may destroy the slow-release mechanism of the medication.
- Oracea should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your system.
- For the drug to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Oracea dosage, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.