A large part of rosacea treatment is self-care, which includes:
- Keeping a written record of when flare-ups occur. This can give you clues about what bothers your skin.
- Using a sunscreen every day that protects against UVA and UVB rays. Make sure that it has a sun-protecting factor (SPF) of 15 or higher.
- Using a mild moisturizer, if it helps, and don't put irritating products on the face.
- Practicing good skin care (see Rosacea Skin Care).
- Some people find that green-tinted makeup effectively conceals skin redness. If your eyes have problems, follow your doctor's treatment plan and clean your eyelids as told.